We hope you had a great Valentine’s Day!
You probably have plenty of treats waiting to be eaten and shared. When you go visit your equine love today, please leave the chocolates home.
Chocolate contains theobromine. Theobromine is a chemical that horses can not metabolize and is the same alkaloid that makes chocolate toxic to dogs and cats. It can cause internal bleeding, seizures, and heart attacks in your horse- as well as lead to death.
Instead, give your pony with an apple, some carrots, strawberries, or use this recipe to make a great treat!
A safe treat is a perfect treat- and what horse doesn’t love one (or six) of those?